Womens Sandstone Kenai Parka (#100045)
I ordered this jacket about two months ago and it has been great for the Wyoming winters! I got a small and it fits perfect, but is too tight if I want to layer it so I wish I had gotten a medium. So far though it has been great for down to -20 degrees plus wind. I would definitely recommend it.
March 1, 2013
Warmest Coat Ever!
My boyfriend gave me this coat in the dusty plum for Christmas and I absolutely love it. I am 5'2" and 105 lbs and the small fits perfectly. There's enough room for me to layer for extra warmth and it is so comfortable. The only thing I'd change is that I wish the sherpa lining went all the way to the bottom of the coat instead of only covering the torso just to add extra warmth. A pocket on the inside for an MP3 player would also be a nice addition!
January 18, 2013
Fits a little big
Based on my measurements I was on the higher end of the large size. So I ordered a large. When I received my jacket I very well could have ordered a medium. Its quite baggy and borders on looking too big. Unfortunately it would be too costly for me to send it back for a smaller size otherwise I would definitely be sending it back. Otherwise great quality and love the colour.
April 30, 2013
Good but needs a few adjustments
I've had the kenai parka for a couple of weeks now and have worn it several times. According to the size chart I'm right on the border between XS and S. The XS was too tight in the shoulders. The S is perfect even with layers underneath.
The good aspects:
- it's warm
- the long length keeps your butt and upper thighs covered
- long arms so there is no gap between sleeve and gloves
- fairly fitted so it's not boxy like some carhartt items
- thick canvas exterior
- deep front pockets good for storing things
What needs to be improved:
- the front pockets can be accessed from the top or the side but the slit in the side is VERY narrow and I cannot get my hand in when wearing gloves
- the breast pocket is also too small, you could fit some cash or a small iPod in it
- the hood is not cut straight but rather has a curve in it to look more feminine or something. it lets a lot of air in unless you cinch it tight
January 17, 2013
I bought this coat in an extra small. I'm 5'2 and 108 pounds and it still runs a little large. The image of this coat on the model shown is not entirely accurate. This coat hits my hid thigh and not on my hip like on the model. Aside from the sizing I'm very happy with the quality. This jacket is perfect for layering in colder weather.
November 22, 2012